Index Compatibility and System Requirements
VALVE Index System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10, SteamOS, Linux
- Processor: Dual Core with Hyper-Threading
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD RX480
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional Notes: Available DisplayPort (Version1.2) and USB (2.0+) Port required
- Processor: Quad Core+
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or better
- Additional Notes: Available USB (3.0+) Port required for Headset Pass-Through Camera
The Index Headset requires a minimum of 1 (2 recommended) Base Stations for tracking. Index is compatible with both the original Vive Base Stations and the 2.0 versions available on the Steam Store.
The Index Headset is compatible with Vive and Vive Pro Wands in addition to Valve's Index Controllers.
The Index Headset requires that your system has the following ports available:
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2+ for headset display
- 1 x USB 3.0+ for headset cameras
Laptops that use integrated graphics rather than a dedicated GPU that meets or exceeds our system requirements may not work with Index.
Please note: Index does not support HDMI, and will not work with DisplayPort to HDMI adapters.