Steam Link Hardware
Steam Link Hardware
The Steam Link allows you to stream games from the Steam Library on your PC to any TV in your home. The technology takes advantage of the horsepower you already have in your home, streaming from your current gaming computer by mirroring its experience to your TV.
Video and audio data is sent from your computer, while your controller input is sent back in real time. Virtually every game that your computer runs can be streamed with the Steam Link.
- A computer running Steam, Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer, SteamOS, or Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or newer.
- A TV or display capable of running at 720p or 1080p resolution
- Home network connectivity to both Steam Link and host computer. Wired network strongly recommended.
- Any of the input devices listed below
- The Steam Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox One Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox One S Controller (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Microsoft Xbox One Elite 2 Controller (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows (with wireless receiver)
- Sony Dualshock 4 (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (wired)
- Logitech Wireless Gamepad F310, F510, and F710
- Razer Kishi and Raiju controllers
- SteelSeries Stratus Duo
- Keyboard and mouse
Please note: other input devices may work even if they aren’t officially supported.
- Turn on your home PC, launch Steam, and log in.
- Power your Steam Link with the power adapter, plug in to a display device (HDMI), and connect to your home network.
- Plug a controller, mouse, or keyboard into one of the USB ports on your Link. Follow the on-screen instructions to locate computers running Steam on your home network, then choose one and start streaming games to your TV!
- Once you’ve gotten everything running, you can pair the Steam Controller directly to the Link, without using a wireless USB receiver.
If you have questions about the app or need help using it, just click the appropriate tab.