I recently purchased a gift that is now on sale. Can I refund the difference?
We are unable to refund the difference in price; however, you may request a refund for the initial gift and repurchase it at the current sale price.
Unredeemed gifts may be cancelled and returned to your inventory. For more information on how to cancel a gift, please click here.
Please note, approved refunds may take up to 7 days to appear in your account. For payment methods that do not qualify for direct deposit, refunds will only be available as Wallet credit.
My friend has already redeemed my gift, can I still get a refund?
A refund may be issued for any gift that was purchased within fourteen days and has been played less than two hours by the gift recipient.
Note: To request a refund on a Steam Gift, we will need the gift recipient to first initiate the refund and approve the removal of this purchase from their account.
- Have the gift recipient initiate the process by requesting a refund as outlined here
- Once the refund has been verified by the gift recipient, please go to help.steampowered.com and create your refund request.
I purchased a game as a gift, can I add it to my own account?
To redeem a gift to your own account:
- Log in to your Steam client and click "Games" in the upper left-hand corner
- From the menu, click "Manage Gifts & Guest Passes"
- Within your Steam Inventory, select the gift and click "Add to my library…" as seen below: