CURSOR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Each cursor must be 32 pixels by 32 pixels, 24-bit RGB color with 8-bit alpha channel.
- The format of the resulting image must be bmp (with transparency).
- It is no longer necessary to provide .ani files for cursors.
- The hotspots locations for the cursors will be the same as those set for our default cursors.
- The hues, greyscale values, and line widths of the cursors need to read well in all map locations and lighting situations.
- The edges of the images should be as clean as possible.
- Don't force a lot of details into the cursor images if it makes them too busy or hard to read. Keep the design simple and stylized to display as clearly as possible.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Refer to the Submitting Items page for important general information about testing and submitting items.
- Cursor Packs are submitted under the "Images..." category.
- The preview loadout will show an icon with the default cursors but you will see your cursors when you continue through to the game.
- When done testing in game, return to the Workshop Tool and follow the steps to publish your Cursor Pack to the Workshop.
EXAMPLE CURSOR PACK
Download the Valve Example Cursor Pack
Dota 2 Item Workshop Guidelines Homepage