How to Report a Scammer, Hijacker or Phisher
Reporting a scammer, hijacker or phisher through their Steam Profile will always be better than submitting a Steam Support ticket containing your report. A community report includes the best information about the interaction between your accounts, and is quicker to review and act on.
To avoid scams in the future, ensure that you know the methods that a malicious user may use to attempt to scam. You can find detailed information in our Scam FAQ.
If you are scammed, phished or hijacked, please use the Report feature built into Steam:
- Go to the Steam profile of the offending user
- Click the 'More' drop-down button located at the top right of the page
- Choose "Report Profile"
- Select the offense which best describes the behavior you are reporting.
- Further specify the activity you observed.
- Select the violation, write a short statement about your interaction with this user, and hit "Submit Report"
- You can also choose to block this user.
If you have been scammed, we recommend that you review our Scam FAQ, the Recommended Trading Practices article and our Steam Item Restoration Policy for more information.
For information on how to safeguard an account, please read our Account Security Recommendations and our Account Phishing articles.
If you have lost items due to your account being compromised, please see our Steam Item Restoration Policy article for more information.