How do I disable Compatibility Mode?
Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended. Please follow the instructions below to remove any Windows compatibility settings so that Steam may properly function.
The following instructions are to be applied to both the Steam.exe as well as the steamwebhelper.exe.
- Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\)
- Right click on Steam.exe (or bin\steamwebhelper.exe), choose Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Uncheck any boxes that are checked, and click Apply
- Then, click the "Show settings for all users" button
- Again, make sure none of these boxes are checked, and click Ok
- Click Ok to close any open dialog boxes.
- Double click on Steam.exe to launch Steam.
- Re-test the issue.
- The default location for the Steam.exe file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
- The default location for the steamwebhelper.exe file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\.