Saving a Screenshot on a PC
How do I save a screenshot?
How do I attach my screenshot to my Steam Support ticket?
Screenshots of Steam Issues
Please follow the instructions below to save a screenshot to your desktop:
- Recreate the error or unexpected behavior
- Press the PrtScn key to save a copy of what is being displayed to the clipboard
- Open the Paint program (Start button > Programs > Accessories > Paint) and go to Edit > Paste to paste the contents of the clipboard
- Go to File > Save As... and save the file to your desktop (JPG format is preferred
Screenshots of Game Issues
- Load the game and navigate or play to the point at which the issue occurs
- Press F12 (this is the default Screenshot key) to save a screenshot
- Locate the screenshot image which was created after closing the game (screenshots will be saved to the game folder under your username folder in the SteamApps directory).
Example: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<your username>\counter-strike\cstrike
Attaching your screenshot to a Steam Support ticket
- Log in to your support account
- Navigate to the 'Your questions' tab (where you would normally write your support tickets)
- To attach a file to your ticket, navigate to 'Add Attachment' (underneath the text entry field)
- Click 'Add Attachment' to reveal the uploading interface
- Click on the 'Browse' button to locate the file on your computer
- Once you have located the file, select it in the browser window and click 'Open'
At this point, if you need to upload more than one file, you may do so by clicking 'Attach' and following steps 3 through 6
Submit your message once you have finished attaching the file(s).