Political Machine 2012. The
Support for The Political Machine 2012:
The community is also a great place to check out. Try these places for help from other users:
Issues and Fixes
Verify File Integrity
If you're encountering issues with launching The Political Machine 2012, make sure everything installed smoothly.
Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to your The Political Machine 2012 installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\)
Run the following installers:
- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\redist\DXSETUP.exe
- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\redist\vcredist_2005sp1_x86.exe
- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\redist\vcredist_2008sp1_x86.exe
- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\redist\vcredist_2010sp1_x86.exe
Reboot your computer and test any issues again.
OS Specific Troubleshooting
If the above does not resolve the issue and you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please complete the instructions in our Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting FAQ.
If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps:
- Exit Steam.
- Go to the Start menu, select Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
- Right click and select Permissions
- Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System for both Full control and Read.