Max Payne 3
Support for Max Payne 3:
The community is also a great place to check out. Try these places for help from other users:
Issues and Fixes
If you're encountering issues with launching Max Payne 3, make sure everything installed smoothly.
Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to your Max Payne 3 installation folder (Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\max payne 3\)
Run the following installers:
- ...\Steamapps\common\max payne 3\MP3_Installers\DirectX\dxwebsetup.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\max payne 3\MP3_Installers\vcredist_x86.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\max payne 3\MP3_Installers\Social Club Setup.exe
Reboot your computer and test any issues again. If the issue persists, contact Max Payne 3 support.
Error: Service Pack 1 Required
If you are encountering this specific error, try the following:
- Open the installation folder of Max Payne 3 (...\steam\steamapps\common\Max Payne 3\)
- Right-click on the .exe in this folder and select properties
- Change the compatibility mode to "Windows Vista Service Pack 2"
- Select "run as administrator"
- Restart Steam and test the issue again.
If the issue persists, contact Max Payne 3 support.
OS Specific Troubleshooting
If the above does not resolve the issue and you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please complete the instructions in our Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting FAQ.
If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps:
- Exit Steam.
- Go to the Start menu, select Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
- Right click and select Permissions
- Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System for both Full control and Read.