Batman: Arkham City
Support for Batman: Arkham City:
The community is also a great place to check out. Try these places for help from other users:
Issues and fixes
Please review the Third-Party Game Support topic to determine whether your question should be directed to the game developer or to Steam Support. Sending a support request to the wrong party may result in a delay in processing your request.
Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam. If you wish to create a shortcut to this game under your Library, instructions can be found here:
Adding non-Steam games to your Library
If you're encountering issues with launching Batman: Arkham City, make sure everything installed smoothly.
Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to your Batman: Arkham City installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman2\)
Run the following installers:
Reboot your computer and test the issue again. If you continue to encounter any problems, contact Batman: Arkham City support.
Arkham City DLC (Downloadable content)
The character bundles for Batman: Arkham City allow you to play as an additional character in all challenge maps. Please note that the character included in the bundle cannot be used in the main story mode.
To activate your Batman: Arkham City Character DLC please follow the instructions below:
- Right click Batman: Arkham City in your Library and choose “View Game CD Key”. Select your DLC CD Key and click “Copy” to copy the CD Key to your clipboard.
- Launch Batman: Arkham City on Steam.
- When prompted, login to Games for Windows Live (GFWL). If you do not have an account you will need to create one.
- Once logged into GFWL, select your profile in the top navigation (The first tile). Note: You may press the "Home" button on your keyboard to open GFWL in-game at any time or by selecting the GFWL tile on the start menu.
- Choose “Redeem Code” in the right menu bar.
- Paste the copied DLC CD Key into this field using CTRL+P or you may manually type it in. To view your CD Key in-game, open the Steam Overlay using Shift+Tab by default, then click the “CD Keys” link in the top right corner.
- Click “Submit” to add this DLC CD Key to your account. If there are any errors when adding the key to your GFWL account you may try redeeming the key from the GFWL website here: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/RedeemToken Note: You will need to login to the same GFWL account that is associated with your Batman: Arkham City Game CD Key before adding the DLC CD Key.
- You will need to restart the game before you are able to use the new DLC content.
If you purchased a Skin or Map Pack DLC, this content will be automatically downloaded and incorporated into the game.
To view the additional content for this game that is registered to your account, please do the following:
- Log in to Steam
- Navigate to your Library list
- Right-click on the game
- Select "View downloadable content".
Alternatively, you can also find the DLC (downloadable content) for a game by right-clicking on the game, selecting 'Properties' and navigating to the DLC tab.
If the content is missing you may need verify your game cache at least once.