TF2 Mann vs Machine Server Overview
How do I setup a Mann vs Machine server?
MvM General Server Requirements:
- Your server hardware must be able to run at least a single 32 slot TF2 server.
- Your server must be set to 32 players. Include "+maxplayers 32" in the server command line.
- You cannot have any non-mvm maps in the MvM mission cycle file found in tf/tf_mvm_missioncycle.res
- You must start your server on any MvM map. Include "+map mvm_decoy" for example in your command line or "map mvm_decoy" in your autoexec.cfg.
MvM Matchmaking Server Requirements:
To include your MvM server in the TF2 matchmaking system which will send players who choose Boot Camp in the Co-Op screen to your server you must do the following:
- Set tf_mm_servermode 1
- A value of 0 will opt your server out of all matchmaking (Default).
- A value of 1 (or higher) will opt your server into matchmaking. The lobby system will control the current map on the server. Currently, community servers can only participate in MvM matchmaking.
- Register your server with quickplay beta. To do this, please see the "How do I register my servers section" in the Quickplay FAQ.
- Clear or remove any sv_password value that you may have set. You server cannot be passworded.
What does tf_mm_strict do and how do I set it?
tf_mm_strict can be used to limit the visibility of your server and who can join it and can be set anytime. Setting this convar to 1 requires tf_mm_servermode be set.
- tf_mm_strict "#"
- A value of 0 will disable this feature and allow your server to accept both quickplay beta, matchmaking and server browser traffic (Default)
- A value of 1 will hide your server from the server browser and only allow players to connect from the matchmaking system. Note: If a player has favorited your server, it will still appear in their favorites however they will not be able to connect.
- A value of 2 will hide your server from the server browser and only accept direct connections to the server from a user's favorites, friends game or connect command.