Unable to load Authentication Library
I get the error message: Unable to load Authentication Library. How do I resolve this?
Authentication Library errors are related to outdated video drivers or environment variables which are not properly configured.
Update Video Drivers
Please see the Updating Drivers topic for instructions to update to the latest drivers or your video card.
Check Environment Variables
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Environment Variables button near the bottom of the window.
- Scroll through the variables looking for anything that references your Steam installation directory.
- If you find a reference to Steam, select the variable where it is present and press the Delete button.
- Click the OK button twice to exit.
- Restart your computer.