Raspberry Pi Steam Link App
Steam Link App for Raspberry Pi
The Steam Link app extends Steam Link functionality to the Raspberry Pi 3B and 3B+, running Raspbian Stretch. The App uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to play your favorite games and even spectate VR games right from your Raspberry Pi.
- A computer running Steam, Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer, SteamOS, or Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or newer.
- A wired network (5 GHz wireless may work, but is not recommended on the Raspberry Pi)
- A Raspberry Pi 3B or 3B+ running Raspbian Stretch
- The Steam Controller (wired or using the included wireless dongle)
- The official Microsoft Xbox One Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows (with wireless receiver)
- Sony Dualshock 4 (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- Keyboard and mouse
Please note: other input devices may work even if they aren’t officially supported.
- Turn on your home PC, launch Steam, and log in.
- Ensure your Pi is connected to the same network as your host PC.
- Run the following in a terminal window to install:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install steamlink
- You can launch Steam Link from the Games menu, or run
steamlink from a terminal window.
If you have questions about the app or need help using it, just click the appropriate tab.