Uninstalling Games does not Remove them from Windows Add/Remove Programs Menu.
When attempting to uninstall Steam games, they remain in my Add/Remove Programs Menu. How do I remove them?
The following instructions deal with editing registry settings. Editing registry settings incorrectly can severely damage your OS files and settings. If you are not comfortable with the process, it is highly recommended that you consult someone familiar with the process.
You can manually remove Steam games from the Add/Remove Programs list using the following process:
- Go to Start > Run
- Type in: regedit.
- Press Enter.
- Browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.
- Each Steam game will be listed as Steam App <number>
- You may determine the game which corresponds to the application number by clicking on the Steam App <number> in the left column and looking at the InstallLocation regkey for the name of the game.
- When you have found the game you wish to remove from the Add/Remove Programs menu, delete the Steam App <number> directory for the game.
- Refresh your Add/Remove Programs list.