Support for Dogfight 1942:
The community is also a great place to check out. Try these places for help from other users:
Issues and Fixes
Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
If you're encountering issues with launching Dogfight 1942, make sure everything installed smoothly.
Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to your Dogfight 1942 installation folder (Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Dogfight 1942\)
Run the following installers:
- ...\Steamapps\common\Dogfight 1942\Win32Libs\dxwebsetup.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\Dogfight 1942\Win32Libs\dotNetFx35setup.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\Dogfight 1942\Win32Libs\vcredist_x86.exe
Reboot your computer and test any issues again.
OS Specific Troubleshooting
If the above does not resolve the issue and you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please complete the instructions in our Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting FAQ.
If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps:
- Exit Steam.
- Go to the Start menu, select Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
- Right click and select Permissions
- Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System for both Full control and Read.