Saving a Screenshot on a Mac
How do I save a screenshot on my Mac?
How do I attach my screenshot to my Steam Support ticket?
Screenshots of Steam Issues
Please follow the instructions below to save a screenshot to your desktop:
Recreate the error or unexpected behavior
Hold down the APPLE [Command] and SHIFT keys
Press 3 for a screen shot of the entire screen
Press 4 to get "Crosshairs" so you can select just a section of the screen you want a screenshot for
Press the space bar after you press 4 if you want it to automatically size the screenshot so that it perfectly matches the window it's over. After you press the space bar, a camera icon should come up.
- The resulting file will be placed on your desktop
Screenshots of Game Issues
- Load the game and navigate or play to the point at which the issue occurs
- Press F5 (this is the default Screenshot key) to save a screenshot
- Locate the screenshot image which was created after closing the game (screenshots will be saved to the game folder under your username folder in the SteamApps directory).
Example: /Documents/Steam Content/[account name]/team fortress 2/tf/screenshots
Attaching your screenshot to a Steam Support ticket
- Log in to your support account
- Navigate to the 'Your questions' tab (where you would normally write your support tickets)
- To attach a file to your ticket, navigate to 'Add Attachment' (underneath the text entry field)
- Click 'Add Attachment' to reveal the uploading interface
- Click on the 'Browse' button to locate the file on your computer
- Once you have located the file, select it in the browser window and click 'Open'
At this point, if you need to upload more than one file, you may do so by clicking 'Attach' and following steps 3 through 6
Submit your ticket once you have finished attaching the file(s).