Rules and Guidelines for Steam Community Discussions
Make sure you are posting constructive criticism, whether it's negative or positive. Contrary to what some people believe, developers do take feedback from here into account.
Please note that Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete/move/merge any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate or incorrectly categorized.
All users are subject to the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Steam Online Conduct.
Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members
- Bypass any filters
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, or Post Reporting Systems
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump threads
- Derail a thread's topic
- Post links to phishing sites
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum (example: trade requests belong in trading forum)
- Openly argue with a moderator
Do not post any topics/replies containing the following:
- Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, warez or leaked content or anything else not safe for work
- Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Steam Community including, but not limited to:
- Key generators
- Console emulators
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posted copyright material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- Drugs and alcohol
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
No Backseat Moderating
Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the forum rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the Report () button or simply ignore the offensive post(s) or thread.
Report Posts to Moderators
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post by clicking the Report () button located on every post.
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be banned from the Steam Community. Any moderator has the ability to ban a user for violating the rules at their discretion.