Becoming a Steam Content Provider
How does my company become a Steam content provider?
Valve Software is always looking for more content providing partners. Before we get started, please review the following list of requirements:
- You will be required to sign a hosting agreement.
- You must meet these minimum system requirements for the content server:
- 64-bit dual or quad core CPU, 2.0 GHz or greater (Intel or AMD)
- 16GB RAM (32GB RAM ideal)
- 2TB HDD space free (4+ TB ideal)
- HDD notes:
- 7200RPM SATA disks are sufficient, no need for FC/SAS
- If using a "striped" RAID level (5,6, or 10) use the largest stripe-size your controller will allow (1MB is ideal)
- Gigabit Ethernet network interface
- Windows 2008 Server 64-bit English
- Your network will need to allow outbound TCP connections from ports 27030 -> 27045, plus 30100, and inbound TCP 3389(for RDP), 27030, and 27031.
- Sustain a minimum available Internet conductivity for the server at 100Mbps.
- Provide a remote desktop username and password into the machine with admin privileges.
- Provide the contact name, email address and phone number of the person to contact if we need to call someone.
- Provide the geographic region of the world where the server is located.
- Provide justification and a CIDR list if the content server is restricted to a set ISP community.
- Provide the name you want the content server listed as under the Valve Content Server Stats page.
- Provide the URL which the title of your company on the status page should link to.
- Provide a banner image and a URL to your website for the image to show in the Steam UI. For example: Sample banner image
If you are interested in becoming a Steam content hosting provider and you can satisfy these requirements, please contact HostAServer for more information.