Right-handed and Left-handed Models
How do I switch my weapon from one hand to the other?
Team Fortress 2
To switch to left-handed models in Team Fortress 2, please use this process:
- Launch Team Fortress 2.
- Go to Options and then to the Multiplayer tab
- Click Advanced
- Check the box next to "Flip viewmodels"
Gold Source games (Counter-Strike, Half-Life)
If you cannot switch your weapon to the right-hand, please go to your advanced video options and change the renderer to either OpenGL or Direct3D. The software renderer does not support right-handed models.
You can select left or right-handed models by typing the following command into the Console:
- To use your left-hand: cl_righthand 0
- To use your right-hand: cl_righthand 1
To permanently use left-handed models, you may create a userconfig.cfg file with the cl_righthand 0 command. Please follow these instructions to create a userconfig.cfg file:
- Locate the subfolder in your game folder that holds the config.cfg file
For example, you can find the config.cfg file for Counter-Strike at [Steam installation directory]\steamapps\[your Steam account name]\counter-strike\cstrike\config.cfg
- Create a new text file in that directory called userconfig.cfg
- Open the file with Notepad and enter cl_righthand 1 (to use the right-handed model) or cl_righthand 0 (to use the left-handed model)
- Save the file
- Launch the game to test the userconfig.cfg settings