Providing Proof of Purchase
When submitting a support ticket, what type of proof for my account should be attached?
Retail CD Key
- If retail software is registered to the account, attach a digital photo or scan of the CD Key registered to the account. Write your Support Ticket Number on the quick reference card or CD Key sticker below the code in permanent ink.
- Please note, the Support Ticket Number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor.
Credit Card Information
- If a game was purchased through Steam with a credit card, please provide the following:
- The Card Type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Full Name on the Card
- Billing Address
- The last four digits of the credit card number - Do not provide the full credit card number
- If a game was purchased through Steam using a PayPal account, please provide:
- The Billing Name on the PayPal Account
- The full Billing Address on the PayPal Account
- The PayPal PayerID
- The Invoice ID and the Transaction ID
GameStop Wallet Code
- If Steam Wallet Credit was added to the account by GameStop Wallet Code, please attach a digital photo or scan of the Code registered to the account. Write your Support Ticket Number on the receipt below the code in permanent ink.
If any other type of payment was used, please explain in the support ticket.