Assassin's Creed series
Support for the Assassin's Creed Series:
The community is also a great place to check out. Try these places for help from other users:
Please review the Third-Party Game Support topic to determine whether your question should be directed to the game developer or to Steam Support. Sending a support request to the wrong party may result in a delay in processing your request.
Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam. If you wish to create a shortcut to this game under your Library, instructions can be found here:
Adding non-Steam games to your Library
Issues and Fixes
If you're encountering issues with launching any Assassin's Creed game, make sure everything installed smoothly.
Aside from verifying your game cache and checking your connection with Steam, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.
Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to the appropriate Assassin's Creed installation folder (ex. Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\assassins creed\)
Run the installers for the applicable games:
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassins creed\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassins creed\Detection\Detection.exe
Assassin's Creed 2
- ...\steamapps\common\assassin's creed 2\redist\GameLauncher\UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe
- ...\steamapps\common\assassin's creed 2\redist\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe
Assassin's Creed Revelations
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\VCRedist\vcredist_x86_2008SP1.exe
- ...\Steamapps\common\assassin's creed revelations\Support\GameLauncher\UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- ...\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood\SupportVCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe
- ...\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood\SupportVCRedist\vcredist_x86_2008SP1.exe
- ...\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood\Support\GameLauncher\UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe
- ...\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe
- ...\steamapps\common\assassins creed brotherhood\Support\PunkBuster\pbsvc.exe
Reboot your computer and test any issues again.
OS Specific Troubleshooting
If the above does not resolve the issue and you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please complete the instructions in our Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting FAQ.
If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps:
- Exit Steam.
- Go to the Start menu, select Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
- Right click and select Permissions
- Check the Allow boxes for Admin and System for both Full control and Read.