Rules and Guidelines for Steam Guides
What are the rules and guidelines for Steam Guides?
Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members
- Bypass any filters
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reporting Systems
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, phone number, etc.)
- Post links to phishing sites
- Openly argue with a moderator
Do not post any content that contain the following:
- Porn, inappropriate or offensive content, warez or leaked content or anythign else not safe for work
- Any discussion of piracy will result in a permanent ban from the Steam Community
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posted copyright material such as magazine scans
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals, racism, discrimination
- Drugs, alcohol
No Backseat Moderating
Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the Report () button or simply ignore the offensive content.
Report Guides to Moderators
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the guide by clicking the Report () button located on every guide.
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be banned from the Steam Community. Any moderator has the ability to ban a user for violating the rules at their discretion.
More information on guides can be found at: http://www.steamcommunity.com/guides