Installing Steam on a Limited Windows User Account
How can I get Steam running on limited Windows user accounts in my Cyber Café?
Installing Steam for use on Limited User Accounts
You must have access to a Windows administrator account for the setup process. Once Steam is configured, you may login to Steam with a limited windows user account.
- Login to your computer as an administrator.
- Create a limited user account from the Control Panel's User Accounts menu.
- Download and install Steam.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options > View.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and ensure that Use Simple File Sharing is unchecked.
- Navigate to the directory where you installed Steam (typically C:\Program Files\).
- Right-click on your Steam folder and go to Sharing and Security...
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select Users from the Group or user names: dialog box.
- Set Permissions for Users to Allow Full Control.
- Click Apply.
- Login to the limited user account. (shortcut: Windows Key + L)
- Create a shortcut to Steam and test the login.